D.O.it has been designed from the ground up for osteopaths. It may well work also for others that concentrate on making people or animals feel better, such as chiropractors, masseurs and therapists. It includes functionality for managing client visits and invoicing. The system also provides reports and printouts such as client data extract or report for accounting.
D.O.it has been made as easy to use as possible. The idea is that the system does not interfere the work e.g. with different dialogs and confirmations, but makes the use smooth. D.O.it is easy to install and take into use, and it works on Windows, MAC OS X and Linux environments. The downloadable version is meant to be installed on a single computer or user. There is also a client-server version available for larger installations.
D.O.it is commercial software (single user version 300 euros + VAT 24% for a lifetime license), but it can be installed for testing purposes for free. In test use there is a 50 client limit. The limit can be removed by purchasing a user-specific registration code. To purchase the registration code, please send email to info(at)labs.fi.
- Version 1.8 (Windows XP or newer)
- Version 1.8 (Mac OS X 10.7 or newer [Intel])
- Version 1.8 (Linux X86 deb mm. Ubuntu 12.04 or newer)
- Version 1.7 (Windows XP or newer)
- Version 1.7 (Mac OS X 10.7 or newer [Intel])
- Version 1.7 (Linux X86 deb mm. Ubuntu 12.04 or newer)
Installation of D.O.it is simple. The Windows version comes with a typical setup program that guides the user through the installation as usual. MAC OS X version is a disk image, from which D.O.it can be copied to the Applications folder. The Linux version comes in a deb package that can be installed e.g. in Ubuntu by double-clicking it.
N.B.! Windows 10 may display a dialog about the installation program possibly putting the PC at risk. In this case click the More info link and then the Run anyway button. D.O.it does not put the system at risk, but missing an expensive digital signature causes the warning.
D.O.it is available in English and Finnish. Default language is determined from system locale settings, but the language can be changed from the Functions (Toiminnot) menu.
Upgrading to a Newer Version
New versions of D.O.it can be installed directly on top of the previous version. On the first startup D.O.it will upgrade the database if necessary. In any case it is recommended that a database backup be made before a version upgrade.
- In the Mac version the print dialog may stay on the screen until mouse cursor is moved.
Version 1.8 - 27.3.2016
- Added possibility to open any multiline text field in a larger window with Ctrl-Enter (the window can be closed with the key combination).
- Added possibility to change invoice number (e.g. to start numbering from a new number at the beginning of the year).
- Changed account statement import so that the invoice is searched with the reference number only among open invoices.
- Test version client limit has been raised to 50 for easier and more thorough testing possibility.
- Fix: Invoice total is now correct also with large sums.
- Fix: the program now works properly also when a password has been set.
- Fix: visit payment date handling has been fixed so that it always displays the proper stored value and can be emptied.
- Fixes to functionality on Mac OS X.
Version 1.7 - 8.2.2014
- Added support for VAT-obliged activities.
- Extended client printout to include all client and visit information including visit images.
- Added payment date to visits. It is now used in monthly report to accurately calculate the payments in the correct month.
- Extended monthly report to distinquish VAT-obliged visits and cash paid visits. Report content is now clearer.
- Added support for attachment files to both clients and visits.
- Added animal visit form.
- Added a possibility to copy a visit to a new one using a popup menu accessible with clicking the secondary button on top of the visit.
- Added possibility to undo changes to a visit.
- Added overdue fee to invoice.
- Improved import of invoice statement to handle e.g. Nordea's statements better.
- Added possibility to add a new dependent directly from the guardian.
- Added possilibity to copy the results of batch invoice marking to the clipboard.
- Added a check that mandatory fields are filled when sending email.
- Increased height of multiline fields so that they can display (at least) three lines of text.
- Fix: The monthly report may have included the first day of next month in the sums.
- Fix: Visit date is no longer emptied if invalid content is entered, but an error message is given.
- Fix: Unnamed clients are no longer hidden.
- Fix: Visits without a reason and a date are no longer hidden.
(Version 1.6 - no public release)
Version 1.5 - 11.3.2012
- Fixed copying of client and client list print templates from originals.
- Improved the program startup so that the window doesn't jump around on the screen.
- Fixed client and client list printing so that date and page number are printed properly.
- Fixed a rare program crash when opening a visit screen.
- Fixed a bug creating an invoice introduced in version 1.4.
Ere Maijala: ere(at)labs.fi
- Registration Codes
- Technical Questions
- Enhancement Requests
- Multiuser Version Queries
Lasse Maijala: lasse.maijala(at)lastenosteopatia.fi
- Representing D.O.it in Practice